Paraplanner: Part Home based / Remote working
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
This role is likely to be suitable for an experienced paraplanner wanting to work with a relatively small number of high-net-worth clients and desiring client interaction. It would suit someone wanting to work partly from home.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To support Chartered Financial Planners to provide high quality, compliant financial planning to approximately 50 clients, the majority being high net worth. The role involves liaising directly with clients to manage their financial administration and with the planners regarding clients’ objectives, circumstances and requirements, analysing suitable options and preparing recommendations for the planners to introduce to the client as part of their financial plan.
- Management of client relationships including making and receiving clients telephone calls and sending and receiving emails, paper documents etc.
- Provide technical, research and administrative support to the planners to develop suitable client recommendations.
- Produce all relevant paperwork and regulatory requirements for the planners to present potential solutions to clients.
- Produce compliant and detailed Client Suitability Reports.
- Preparing information of a technical nature.
- Reviewing and analysing client’s financial statements, legal documents and other data.
- Preparation and maintenance of calculations to summarise net worth statements, investment performances etc.
- Produce regular client portfolio reviews, technical and industry updates with relevant additional commentary to support the client proposition.
- Manage the delivery of ongoing service requirements, maintaining accurate OWS and CRM records.
- Manage proactive client communications, to develop and maintain personal relationships with clients and initiate contact when events or changes to their circumstances arise.
- Liaise with Openwork and key providers to ensure all practice material is relevant and up to date and all practice members are aware of changes and updates.
- Act as the primary point of contact of with providers and Openwork for issue resolution and disputes for allocated clients.
- Work closely with the existing paraplanners and administration staff.
- Delegating work to administration staff and maintaining responsibility.
- Liaise on a proactive basis with the planners on a regular and structured basis to work on cases and provide updates.
- Liaising with product providers and other relevant third parties.
- Liaising with client’s other professionals
- Keeping client files up to date, updating records with changes to client details.
- Adjusting working practices in line with changes to compliance
- Paraplanning experience minimum two years
- 2-5 years’ experience in Financial Services
- Experience of paraplanning for high-net-worth clients and a broad range of advice areas
- Sound overall knowledge of financial planning
- Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning or equivalent
- Experience of cash flow modelling and management of client assets on web-based programmes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong personal organisation
- IT literate including the ability to use outlook, word, excel, PowerPoint, online systems
- Strong communication skills including excellent telephone manner
- Team player
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Company pension contributions of 5% of salary (providing employee contributes 5% of gross salary, 4% net)
- If desired and not already held, full sponsorship to attain level 6 qualification / Chartered status
- Medical benefits after two years employment
- 20 days (plus bank holidays) pro rata for full time equivalent, increasing by 1 day per year pro rata to 30 days pa
Plus one day holiday pro rata for birthday.