Our client is looking for an additional Ship Broker to buy and sell ships on behalf of their busy client list.
You will be required to:
- Deal with sales and purchases of a variety of shipping vessels.
- Marketing ships to existing and potential clients
- Maintain records on the company’s database.
- Negotiate deals, including presenting the business to potential clients, negotiating the main terms of a contract or sale and seeing it through to its conclusion and any follow up that may be involved.
- Build up a database of contacts and keep a close eye on the shipping market, interpreting trends and seeing opportunities for clients.
- The ideal candidate would hold a commercial degree or similar commercial qualification.
- Client management/relationship building skills.
- Experience with ship broking
- Previous experience in this role may not be required depending upon previous work experience.
- Having an entrepreneurial nature would be highly desirable along with a strong personal drive to succeed.
- Ability to negotiate is vital as this is a principle skill requirement in Ship Brokering.
- Good understanding of accounting and numeracy skills are essential to this job.
- Excellent presentation skills will be required.
- A Ship Broker must be able to communicate well both verbally as well as in a written format.
- Ability to use Microsoft office, ie Word, Excel.
Our client pays a competitive salary plus bonus.
To be considered for this great opportunity please email your CV to email@example.com