Our client is looking for a talented Paraplanner to be based in London or Weybridge, to work as part of a team to deliver a first class research and report writing service to Private Client Partners.
- Writing recommendation and strategy reports in line with FD’s restricted proposition (where appropriate).
- Undertaking cash flow modelling.
- Other research tasks and project work where required.
- Provide regular updates to the Partners on the progress of their cases so that they feel in control and can manage client expectations.
- Work closely with other Paraplanners and Head of Paraplanning to share ideas and best practice, including assisting Manager with all aspects of a good customer experience and identify any process improvements that can be made.
- Dealing with compliance on cases which require pre-approval.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with skills and experience.
- To participate in appropriate company and departmental training, competence and development initiatives.
- Level 4 qualified.
- Previous experience of working as a Paraplanner within an advisory environment.
- Knowledge and experience of retirement planning, investments and taxation.
- Proven track record of conducting research and writing quality recommendation reports, that are client friendly and meet compliance requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of SIPP providers, permitted investments and specialist funds.
- Knowledge and experience of research tools such as Selectapension, Assureweb, Defaqto, Trustnet, Analytics.
- Knowledge and experience of using cashflow modelling.
- Able to balance commercial needs with compliance requirements.
- Confident having challenging conversations with Partners and being able to influence.
- Commitment to pass basic financial industry exam within 3 months of employment (internal exam).
- Working towards Level 6.
- Knowledge and experience of more complicated advice such as Defined Benefit pension transfers and structured investments.
- Experience of producing strategy reports.
- Proven track record of developing relationships with providers and leveraging these when required.
- Proven track record of identifying improvements to processes to help improve efficiency and make us ‘easier to do business with’.
- Able to assist with training and coaching of junior members of staff.
- Experience of Intelligent Office (IO).
- A positive, friendly service-orientated person with a “can do” attitude who is aware of the important role played by Partners and their staff in providing financial advice.
- Comfortable working in an environment where outputs are monitored and targets set.
- Solutions orientated and articulate communicator.
- Excellent at prioritising and organising workloads whilst staying focused under pressure.
- Honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Hard working and responsive to the need to deliver a high quality support service.
- Attention to detail and high standards of work.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to email@example.com
Apply for this job