Our client is looking for a Paraplanner to support one or more Financial Adviser/s in their London office.
- Managing tasks and the advice process on X-Plan (Back office system).
- Conducting regular meetings with the Adviser in order to:
- manage new business leads;
- keep abreast of the Adviser’s(s) new business pipeline, their targets and how they are doing against targets;
- receive and manage client meeting notes.
- Undertaking research into the various different financial wrappers that can be held by a client; understanding which products are suitable for which clients and also the advantages and disadvantages of each product.
- Writing client suitability reports using the company’s preferred report writing software in the following areas:
- new pensions;
- pension switches;
- self-invested personal pensions;
- retirement options;
- investments, including ISAs, investment bonds, OEICs, structured products.
- Keeping abreast of current pension and tax legislation and being able to apply this to client scenarios to meet objectives and ensure best advice is given.
- Understanding and suitably applying the company’s investment process and various investment offerings to meet a client’s attitude to risk, personal circumstances and financial objectives.
- Understanding and using the company’s software to support the advice process, including:
- Dynamic Planner
- Develop a working knowledge of insurance providers websites/online client platforms to assist with:
- printing the correct documentation to support business sign ups;
- performing online fund switches;
- managing client data.
- Working with the Adviser(s) to prepare for client meetings and assisting with regular client reviews (the review process).
- Supporting the Adviser(s), as and when appropriate, in building cashflow models to assist the client in overseeing their financial position and forecast future financial scenarios.
- Managing fund switches on client pensions and investments. Communicating with clients and ensuring they are invested in line with their risk profile and placing fund switches.
- Communicating with clients, assessing any tax implications and placing withdrawals. Dealing with withdrawals from pensions and investments in general.
- Preparing new business cases for Compliance sign-off.
- Working with the Compliance and Operational Support departments to ensure the successful submission and completion of new business applications.
- Building relationships with clients both over the telephone and via email.
- Attending client meetings with the Adviser, if required.
If you are interested in this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job