Chartered Paraplanner - London
Our client is looking for a Chartered Paraplanner to join their team in London. The role will provide financial planning support to Private Client Advisors, assisting them in delivering financial planning to new and existing clients.
- Preparing for and attending all client meetings wherever possible, taking detailed written notes and following up on any technical points after the meeting.
- Gathering and analysing comprehensive, detailed information from clients, professional advisers and others.
- Producing comprehensive and clear suitability letters for clients.
- Preparing lifetime cashflow models relevant to each client’s circumstances, objectives and possible financial outcomes.
- Communicating these models to each client in person and in writing.
- Dealing with queries and modified scenarios as required.
- Constructing and producing a financial plan to address each client’s lifetime objectives in the context of these cashflow models, generally comprising (but not limited to) contingency planning, legacy/succession planning, asset allocation/wealth management and tax planning.
- Carrying out regular reviews of clients’ financial plans, circumstances and objectives.
- Dealing with complex and technical client queries as and when they arise.
- Interpreting new technical information, legislative and regulatory changes from various in-house and external sources and ensuring the team remains compliant with FCA and internal compliance procedures.
- Engaging with intelligent, demanding clients (many of whom are investment professionals themselves) consistent with developing and maintaining outstanding, long-term relationships.
- Liaising with other technical staff in order to ensure a consistent client experience across the Group.
- Being willing and able to work to pressing deadlines, sometimes involving a level of time commitment beyond standard working hours.
- Have 5+ years’ experience within the independent financial services industry, in a paraplanning role
- Hold Chartered Financial Planner status with the CII
- Understand the principles of asset allocation and portfolio construction
- Have excellent knowledge of investment, life and pensions products and current legislation
- Have broad knowledge of esoteric products, including VCT and EIS investments and structured products
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Income Tax, CGT, IHT, Trusts and both DC and DB pension transfers
- Understand the importance and benefits of lifetime cashflow modelling, ideally with experience of Voyant as a cashflow modelling tool
- Previous experience of using Intelliflo will be an advantage
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to email@example.com
Apply for this job