Type of Position: Finance Officer
Pay: up to £24k (flexible)
Our client is looking for a Finance Officer to join their Charity based in Birchington. The Finance Officer responsible for undertaking the efficient operation of the Charity’s financial systems (accounting and reporting) and the maintenance of associated records. They are responsible for liaising with other staff within the organisation to assist them in their dealings with suppliers, customers and external financiers of the Charity’s operations.
The Finance Officer will work closely with the CEO and Director to ensure that financial controls, policies and procedures of the organisation are fit for purpose and work as intended to safeguard the assets of the Trust.
Role Specific Activities
1. Responsible for the operation of the purchase ledger, including setting up and amending suppliers, processing, recording and payment of invoices, ensuring standing order and direct debit payments are met, recording of VAT, liaising with staff over queries and recordings of transactions, and ensuring compliance with finance procedures.
2. Responsible for the operation of a sales ledger, including raising and recording sales invoices, recording cash receipts, chasing overdue accounts, producing month end reconciliations, liaising with staff and customers over account enquiries.
4. Prepare and deliver payroll including,
a. liaising with relevant managers to ensure staff timesheets, and any overtime information is correct.
b. liaising with the external payroll accountants to ensure BACS payments can be made to staff in a timely manner
c. processing of BACS payments for staff payroll and staff expenses
d. providing information to staff regarding any payroll enquiries as required
5. Monitor the Charity’s bank accounts and credit cards on a regular basis and ensure they are fully reconciled, liaising with bank staff to resolve any banking and credit card queries.
6. Prepare financial reports for the CEO and Director by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information, cashflow and trends; assisting in the long-term financial planning of the Trust.
7. Liaise with external auditors, particularly in respect of year end accounts preparation and other third parties who may wish to inspect the books and records of the Trust.
8. Provide detailed expenditure and income reports to budget holders as requested and assist with resolution of enquiries, including advising / training on basic budget management.
9. Assist in the administration of the financial elements of grant claims and drawdowns from external bodies.
10. Carry out the filing and archiving of financial transaction paperwork and organise destruction of files in accordance with records retention schedule.
11. Maintain the Trusts inventories of equipment and furniture.
12. Oversee Gift Aid to ensure all available funds reach the charity.
Knowledge / Experience required:
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to email@example.com.