Junior Private Client Advisor
Our client is looking for a talented Private Client Advisor to join their team. The role location is flexible; with options to be based in Weybridge, Surrey and/or Clerkenwell, London and/or home-based.
- Achieve agreed financial targets in terms of generating fee revenue and referrals, and managing client relationships.
- Prepare for and carry out annual suitability reviews of client’s financial plans, along with more regular reviews as and when appropriate.
- Ensure the production of suitability letters to document advice provided to clients .
- Promote and provide advice on a full range of client circumstances and objectives.
- Manage relationships with agreed clients (NB it is anticipated that the majority of the role will be desk-based and meetings will be primarily held virtually rather than face-to-face).
- Ensure that at all times company standards are being met and that advice is being provided within compliant guidelines as set by the firm and to comply with the FCA Statements of Principles and Code of Practice.
- Client engagement
- Technical note making and dealing with technical client queries
- Support team liaison
- Business development and compliance
- Be prepared to work out of normal hours as required to deliver a premium service to clients
- Attain and maintain competent status as defined by the firm and the FCA
- Maintain and develop knowledge and skills by participating in a robust CPD schedule balanced across the areas you are authorised to advise linked to a personal development plan
Essential Experience and Attributes:
- Chartered-level (or well on the way to Chartered-level) financial planner with 2+ years’ experience within a planning-led IFA environment, supporting HNW clients
- Excellent working knowledge of investment, life and pensions products and associated legislation
- Comprehensive understanding of Income Tax, CGT and IHT, investment bonds and estate planning
- Strong understanding of the principles of asset allocation and portfolio construction
- At least basic knowledge of esoteric products, including VCT and EIS investments and structured products
- Respect for the client at the centre of the process and a drive to deliver quality client outcomes with demonstrable experience of maintaining long-term client relationships, ideally with experience of working with an older client bank in or approaching retirement
- Experience of using Voyant cashflow modelling software
- Experience of using the Transact platform is an advantage, but not essential
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job