Type of Position: Legal Cashier
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Cashier to join our client's team. Possibility to earn £23,000 - £27,000 per annum, depending on experience.
• To accurately input all client/office credits, debits and transfers, with occasional nominal postings;
• To handle/assist with property transactions – checking of completion statements, keying of payments onto Bankline, checking of back-up documents and that all internal procedures have been followed.
• Assist with maintaining Bankline CHAPS/Faster Payments templates for all regular payees, adding and removing as necessary.
• To take Visa/Mastercard payments over the telephone and produce receipts for both fee earners and clients.
• Assist Cashiers Supervisor in weekly Cashiers’ report to ensure all transfers are made within 14 day limit.
• Respond to queries from fee earners and secretaries; providing support and training as required or escalate to Cashiers Supervisor or Finance Manager as appropriate;
• Produce cheques and sort for second signature where necessary and send to correct branch
• Annual archiving of accounts records and update of manual records;
• Process petty cash reconciliations for all branches;
• Process purchase ledger postings;
• Assist the Finance Manager with month/year end queries as required.
• To complete such tasks as required to support the Accounts Department, including filing, photocopying, and other general office duties • To process all transactions speedily and accurately in accordance with SAR’s, Anti Money Laundering and Cyber Crime policies and procedures;
• To agree clear objectives linked to the Firm’s business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant;
• To have a personal development plan and evaluate the effect of training on achievement;
• To clearly identify the standards and systems required to continually improve our client service;
• To comply with all the Firm’s relevant policies and procedures;
• To ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters and recognise that any breach of this confidentiality will be treated very seriously.
Knowledge / Experience required:
• 4+ years' relevant recent accounts experience gained from within the legal industry.
• Processing and reviewing conveyancing completion statements.
• Applied working knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules.
• Good understanding on the conveyancing process. Team working (flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team.)
• Uses initiative in dealing with incoming queries.
• Has a proactive attitude.
• Ability to balance priorities in order to meet sometimes demanding deadlines.
• Keen to ensure the needs of Girlings clients are met wherever possible.
• Attention to accuracy and detail, especially when under pressure.
• Clean and presentable in appearance.
• Clear verbal and written communication skills.
• Good all round education; both literate and numerate.
Email your CV to email@example.com to register your interest in this position.