Lettings Credit Controller
Our client is looking for a determined individual to provide a credit control and debt recovery service on rent arrears of residential tenancies. You will be chasing tenants and their guarantors for rent arrears by telephone and in writing, and keeping client landlords fully informed at all stages. There is opportunity for this to be a part-time or full-time role.
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship-building skills
- Customer service skills to handle often contentious situations where tact and diplomacy are necessary
- Ensuring that company policies and procedures are adhered to in respect of handling tenant debts
- Arranging payment plans to recover rent arrears that are acceptable to both landlord and tenant, and monitoring these to ensure they are fulfilled
- Produce accurate Rent Account Reports to clearly demonstrate how rent arrears have arisen over the duration of a tenancy
- Liaise with local authorities and DWP regarding housing benefit, universal credit payments and special funding and to make applications for funding, where necessary.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Previous lettings/credit control experience is preferred, but not essential
- Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above
- Full training provided with excellent career progression opportunities throughout the business
- Support with industry recognised qualifications
- 20 days annual leave with an ongoing increase after one year’s service
- Pension scheme
- Outstanding discounts across retail, entertainment, travel and health
Please email your CV to email@example.com to register interest.
Apply for this job