Your details are being submitted. This may take up to 30 seconds so please be patient. Thank you
Type of Position: Mortgage and Protection Administrator
Pay: £25k - £28k
We are seeking a mortgage and protection administrator to join a small financial services firm based in London. You will work closely with the mortgage adviser to support the Company’s existing client bank and assist in the process of taking on new clients.
You will be given full training to understand how the firm works and the ongoing requirements of its client bank. You will support the senior management, experienced paraplanners and financial advisers, across mortgages and protection.
· Provide a high level of support to all clients from initial contact to mortgage completion;
· Manage client liaison via access to mortgage adviser’s diary;
· Support the advisers with lender research as required;
· Generate recommendation spreadsheets for the adviser;
· Contact banks, lenders, providers, accountants, estate agents and solicitors for relevant information required to progress mortgage applications;
· Draft suitability reports for the adviser to review;
· Overview all case requirements and associated compliance for each case;
· Provide ongoing review service by managing pipeline of ongoing rolling business.
· Key all mortgage applications;
· Input and update client information into the CRM;
· Develop CRM processes to improve general efficiency;
· Process all broker fees via the WorldPay portal;
· Claim all procuration fees from the mortgage clubs;
· Monitor all monies received;
· Create and manage income profiles for the Finance Department;
· Conduct all protection research for each application;
· Ability to occasionally use Trigold, Mortgage Sourcing, Knowledge Bank, Assure Web.
Ad hoc tasks
• Maintain Continuous Professional Development (CPD) by attending seminars and completing exams;
• Sit in on provider meetings;
• Interaction with mortgage and protection business development managers to keep in line with industry changes and up-to-date products;
• Complete Management Information (MI);
• Internal and external file checks. Submit files to review from the advisers to the compliance desk, and go through the comments with them. Review previous files to ensure all the required documents are in each file;
• Use compliance help desk to keep up to date with any regulation;
• Monitor the mortgage back book;
Essential experience and qualifications:
· A degree-level education or previous work experience in a similar role
· Ideally completed R01 and CF6 but not essential
We need a bright, organised and hardworking individual who can demonstrate:
· Impeccable attention to detail
· Very good written communication skills
· Engaging and professional telephone manner
· A people person, who can clearly communicate to all stakeholders
· Time management and the ability to multitask is essential
· Being adaptable as the role demands change frequently
· A systematic and methodical approach to tasks
· IT literacy (advanced knowledge of Word and Excel and the ability to learn new software)
· Numeracy skills
· A hardworking and positive attitude
· A good team player
On completion of probation, staff receive the following:
· Quarterly bonus scheme. Up to £11,000 p.a. NB: Bonus paid in 2021 - £7,700.00
· Annual exam allowance of £600.
· Private Medical Insurance and Travel Insurance with Vitality Health.
· Gym membership with Virgin Active.
· Pension scheme (£100 monthly contribution, in addition to auto-enrolment contributions).
· Annual 5* holidays abroad. Previous trips: skiing in Val Thorens, New York, Las Vegas, Barcelona.
This is a great opportunity to join a small and friendly team who pride themselves on giving a great service to their clients. This would be ideal for someone with a strong interest in the financial services sector who is looking at making a career change.
If you are interested in this position then please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org