Type of Position: Paraplanner
Our client is looking for a skilled Paraplanner to join their team in London. You will be preparing and maintaining client files and putting forward recommendations, and reviewing client financial strategy.
· To provide paraplanning support to one or more advisers which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
· To help provide solutions to clients needs and give them a service which surpasses their expectations
· Dealing with day to day client and provider enquiries
· Preparing for client meetings including checking that all compliance paperwork is present.
· Attending client meetings and taking minutes
· Analysing and interpreting data obtained during client meetings
· Analysing client’s existing products to determine whether they meet the client’s current objectives
· Undertaking fund performance comparisons
· Preparing product comparisons and analysing comparison illustrations
· Completing the FCA pension switching and replacement product templates
· Preparing cashflow plans using Voyant Software
· Preparing draft recommendation reports in line with the Company’s compliance procedures
· Analysing client’s asset allocations and providing recommendations for rebalancing where necessary
· Delegating administrative tasks and ensuring work is correctly completed
· Maintaining client files
· Liaising with the Compliance department to ensure all compliance procedures have been followed
· Creating and maintaining accurate records of all verbal and non-verbal communications and carrying out tasks in a manner that is consistent with compliance procedures
· Building and maintaining client relationships through face to face and written/telephone communication
· Qualified to Diploma Level
· At least one year’s previous experience in a holistic paraplanning role
· The ability to work with advisers to extract the information required to prepare financial plans and recommendations
· General knowledge of the products available in the wider market and how to assess the suitability of these products
· The ability to research protection, pension & investment products and an understanding of the key information required that may affect a recommendation
· The ability to undertake detailed research on legacy products, identifying where more in depth analysis and questioning of providers is required
· An understanding of investment risk, capacity for loss and loss tolerance and the ability to construct recommendations consistent with a clients agreed risk appetite.
· Excellent report writing skills. The ability to present recommendations in a clear and logical format using language which can be easily understood by clients
· The skills and knowledge needed to create and adapt a cash flow plan appropriate to the client’s circumstances
· A good understanding of compliance issues and how these affect the advice and suitability process.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact directly with clients and colleagues in a professional manner
· Ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative
· Ability to critically evaluate information, probe and challenge the facts
· A flexible and adaptable attitude towards work
· Ability to work accurately and in accordance with procedures
· Excellent time management, ability to meet deadlines
· Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and provider platforms
· 2+ years experience in a paraplanning role
· Previous experience of discretionary investment management
· Previous use of Voyant software
Please email your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this position.