Your details are being submitted. This may take up to 30 seconds so please be patient. Thank you
Type of Position: Paraplanner - Dorking
Our client is looking for a Paraplanner to join their team based in Dorking. Working closely with the Head of Advice, you will be communicating and devising advice and report to clients to provide them with accurate information and bespoke deals that will enable them to make an educated choice that suits their specific requirements. You will be involved in and helping evolve processes of client charging, client onboarding and the management of client information. This is a role that would happily see you qualify as an adviser and move into Head of Office in years to come.
· Prepare letters, presentations and reports for senior management.
· Ensure office culture agrees with the Company overall culture.
· Completion of FCA training requirements and personal CPD training and records.
· With the Head of Advice develop the branch culture to embrace FCA compliance requirements.
· Assist Compliance Manager to ensure monitoring and maintenance of client onboarding and communication meets company requirements and FCA regulations.
Training & Competence
· Take responsibility for personal Training & Competence requirements to ensure they are met.
· Assist Head of Advice with developing business management goals and objectives.
· Assist implementation of business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals.
· Assist with promoting company within the local community including networking.
· Presenting at company events and conferences.
· Project confident image to clients and public to ensure “word of mouth” client flows.
· Contacting clients and setting up meetings, either within an office environment or in clients' homes or business premises.
· Conducting in-depth reviews of clients' financial circumstances, current provision and future aims.
· Analysing information and preparing plans best suited to individual clients' requirements.
· Completing risk analyses.
· Provide clients with information on company products and services.
· Designing financial strategies.
· Assisting clients to make informed decisions.
· Researching information from various sources, including providers of financial products.
· Reviewing and responding to clients changing needs and financial circumstances.
· Promoting and selling financial products to meet given or negotiated sales targets.
· Communicating with other professionals, such as estate agents, solicitors and valuers.
· Keeping up to date with financial products and legislation.
· Contacting clients with news of new financial products or changes to legislation that may affect their savings and investments.
· Meeting the regulatory aspects of the role, e.g. requirements for disclosure, costs of the services provided and the advised products.
· Help check reports regarding calculations made.
· Build relationships and interact with other colleagues at other sites.
Skills & Knowledge
Experience and Knowledge:
· Sound understanding of the different asset classes.
· Experience of research, analysis & report writing.
· Financial Advice skills
· Trustworthy and open.
· Strong strategic thinker.
· Capability to explain complex information simply and clearly.
· Ability to network and establish relationships with clients.
· Discretion and an understanding of the need for client confidentiality
· Research and analytical skills
· Negotiation and influencing skills.
· Good communicator about company to clients and public
· Adaptable to change.
· High self-awareness.
· Excellent Excel, written, numerical, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to work in a team.
· Customer service skills.
· Self-motivation and organisation.
· Flexible approach to work.
· Decision-making skills.
· An ethical and professional approach to work.
· Honest enthusiasm for company’s aims and objectives.
· Driven hard worker with a positive mindset on life and work.
· Resilient self-starter happy to take initiative and responsibility.
· Not dogmatic.
· Behave professionally whilst being open to listening to others, expressing feelings and communicating transparently.
· Recognise that everyone is an individual, with own needs and perspectives.
· Confronts complacency.
· Make others aware of inter-personal conflict or behaviour that doesn’t fit the company culture.
· Comfortable interacting with wide range of people at all levels.
· Fosters a loyal team-based approach.
· Flexible team player prepared to take on several tasks to support the department and the company as a whole.
If you are interested in this position then please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org