Paraplanner - London (Harrow)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced Paraplanner within a Wealth Management Practice providing bespoke face to face financial advice to individuals and businesses throughout the UK. Our client is an appointed representative of St. James’s Place Wealth Management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Paraplanning within this highly successful Practice. They need to be highly skilled in writing suitability reports on Pensions, IHT Planning, EIS/VCTs amongst others. Knowledge of writing reports for Mortgage and Protection would also be beneficial. Candidates need to have knowledge and experience in cash flow modelling. Although further training will be provided.
The candidate we are seeking should love to gather information and follow through on the information. Attention to detail is paramount for this role.
Essential skills required:
- The ability to produce comprehensive, accurate and clear Suitability Reports using a combination of standard paragraphs and free text;
- Experience in writing suitability letters on a wide variety of topics, Pensions, Investments, Mortgages, Protection.
- Experience of preparing illustrations for numerous products, such as Protection.
- Experience of back office administration that relates to the paraplanning role such as updating a client’s CFR, making sure that client files are audited and all regulatory and company requirements are met at the end of a case
- Undertake continuous professional development to meet regulatory requirements, both internally and externally
- Liaise with Business Assurance (SJP’s internal compliance body) and ensure cases are graded as suitable first time on all pre and post approval checks
- Excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- A high standard of personal organisational skills;
- Experience of working to targeted service standards and procedures;
- A proven track record in delivering first-class client service;
- A good working knowledge of regulatory requirements;
- Ambitious and goal-orientated;
- Evidence of continual learning and development of skills and knowledge;
- An adaptable and flexible approach to work within a changing environment;
- Experience of working unsupervised with a high level of self-motivation;
- Good IT skills covering MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Excel and back office system
- Knowledge of research tools & software (e.g. Trustnet, Analytics, Voyant)
- Working Knowledge of CYC calculations
- Knowledge in other areas such as Protection, IHT and Tax Efficient Investments
- Understanding of industry initiatives including RDR
- Desire to maintain knowledge of industry developments
- Ability to prioritise workload and liaise with advisers to ensure adequate information is available to progress all cases
- Ability to use Salesforce (Client and Case Management Systems) in a process driven compliant way. Learning and using our CRM is a key part of the role.
- Ability to use the Electronic Business Submission system
- Ability to follow company and business processes
- Training & Continuous Development
- Full training of company specific software and company compliance requirements will be provided.
If this is a position that is of interest to you, then please forward your CV to email@example.com
Apply for this job